Before, we think about the existence of a phone that would probably dethrone Iphone being the most popular and marketable among all the known smartphones today but now, after establishing such a very outstanding SEO ,Google has stepped-up making its way to developed a smartphone that is meant to compete with the top brass of the smartphone world, also that would click to the public most especially to the Google users.
Google named their first smartphone to come with Google Assistant as Pixel phone. Probably, there are several reasons why the company wanted to name it something than to call it simply as Google phone. It would probably because if ever the phone is a flop, it would definitely tough to give it a second try with another conceptualized phone if the company name, Google has already played that title card. Or maybe according to an article on Cnet.com, because Google doesn’t want to scare its hardware partners, which we know is still deeply important when it comes to Android, by jumping into the deep end with a full-on,branded phone which I also think make sense.
Pixel Phones gives genuine features which garnered commendations from different reviewers. DXOMark is one, an image quality reviewer who gave an impressive review on the said phone’s image quality saying, Google smartphone, is the highest-rated smartphone camera they have tested, gaining 89 as its rate.
The following are the so-far undisputed specs and features:
- Available in two sizes: Pixel (5-inches) Pixel XL (5.5-inches)
- -Both Pixel and Pixel XL have same specs: including Snapdragon 821 processors and 12.3 Megapixel cameras with large 1.55-micron pixels and an f/2.0 aperture (No shutter lag and improved to take great photos with special HDR+ mode) (self-proclaimed as the shortest capture time on any mobile camera ever)
- Both devices have 4GB of RAM, USB-C, a choice of 32GB or 128GB of storage, Bluetooth 4.2, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- In relation to the images, Google photos are stoned into the phone so all the photos are stored directly in the cloud, no need to remove images to prevent memory space shortage.
- 1080p display on the Pixel and 5.5-inch Quad HD panel on the XL — these two devices are built by HTC, but Google takes full credit for their design and makes this explicit with its “phone by Google” branding.
- It runs a specialized version of Google’s android software, which includes the support for the Daydream virtual reality platform. It is actually the First Daydream-compatible phone.
- Fast charging that gets you up to 7 hours power in 15 minutes of charging (I need this~) with built in 24-hour live phone support right into Pixel’s software, so it could see exactly what’s in front of you to help you better
- The new Google Duo is also included.
- In line with the hardware front, Pixel phones are made out of aluminum with a big glass window at the back, surrounding the camera, flash, and the fingerprint sensor (presently dubbed as Pixel imprint)
- Batteries: 3,450mAh for the Pixel XL and for the Pixel 2,770mAh
So far, Pixel phones will be available at $650 for a 32GB 5-inch device. Amount will scale up to $749 with 128GB of onboard storage. For the larger Pixel XL with 32GB, the amount will be $769 and will also scale up to $869 for the XL with 128GB. Google offers limited colors such as black or silver, and the exclusive “extra blue” option but this one is limited only to just 32GB of storage (Pre-orders are open today, phones will ship later this month)
Hands up! To those folks who are eager to have this new Pixel made by Google.