Let say for example, you are in a relationship as of NOW. You feel loved and cared of. You feel the intensity of affection as you two get along together for long time. You are being thought about. You can have whatever you need, sometimes. You have shoulders to lean on. You have your best friend/boyfriend. It feels good, right?
But have you ever thought of reverting back to the time when you were just alone, enjoying your own time doing the things that no one would care or no one will be worried? That time when the only person that could hurt you is just yourself alone. The only thing that you will cry about is when you have nothing to eat.
Let me ask you, haven’t you missed being single?
I have seen this quote saying “Single is not a status, it is a word that describes a person who is strong enough to live and enjoy life without depending on others.” I agree to this one. Why wouldn’t I do so? It actually lifts up the self-esteem of single people to be happy and stand alone. Recently, I was on a bus going somewhere just to stroll and enjoy myself when I suddenly thought of these perks and good points of being single. I would gladly share it all. You might realize certain things as well. Who knows?
- You can play anytime and anywhere you would want to. Literally speaking here, for gamer like me I always find time to play my favorite video game so every time I think about getting into relationship, I always think that it might get ruined. Don’t get me wrong here. There are different types of guys. What if I got the “Kill joy” type? How will I focus on my games? And not only that, boyfriends tend to be worried at all times. Yes, there were some. I have this habit of playing my mobile games anywhere I’m at like on a bus, at parks and the likes. So if he’ll continue to ask how I am, I might lose the mood of playing my games. (Note: What I am stating here is my own situation. Sure, we’re not the same. And please, do not say it’s a childish thinking because to let you know, there were some out there who shared the same perception like mine.) Generally, it’s like if you are single. you are free.
- Less expense – Why not when it’s just yourself that you need to spend your money on. Let’s be real. People in a relationship tend to spend more than those single people. Why? Think about the birthdays of each other. “Oh it’s your mom’s birthday, what to buy?” “Oh your dad is celebrating his 60th birthday, what something special should I buy him?” Did you guys get my point here? Once you got in a relationship, you stop putting yourself first you must consider your significant other’s side as well. Although, some will say, “But they were not asking for a gift, why bother to give something?” Nope, that will surely make your name starts to fade to your guy’s family. And we all know we hate that. So yes, if you are single, you have the higher chances to save more unless you’re such a glutton or materialistic. Beep~
- NO worries about your significant other’s absence. Oh come on, people in a relationship is so guilty to this one. “Why is he not texting back?” “Seen??!” “He’s with his friends. Is there any girls there?” Stressful, isn’t it (I’m not trying to boycott people in a relationship. I’m stating a fact here, okay?) But face it; single people don’t deal with that.
- Zero scrutiny on social media sites.”I accidentally searched my ex. Had to delete this one.” “Is there any way to delete my activity log? Babe will surely be pissed off.” Yup, every partner thinks at some point like that. You even have to delete your browser history due to malicious contents. With single people, that aren’t an issue, I mean there’s no issue about that.
- Unexpected migration to a certain city, job opportunities and any other life altering decisions won’t be so hard. There will be no dramatic farewell to your boy/girlfriends because you think of what’s going to happen, the effects and how will it went. People in a relationship are simply having a hard time to be away from their partners because of two things: trust issues and changes. That’s self-explanatory, you know them to yourself. Now with single people, these are just easy to decide because all you need to deal with when it comes to those matters are your parents alone or maybe your friends.
There you have it the perks and good points of being single. Again, all of these things are for singles alone. In a relationship people might think about it as well. This is really nothing to do with break-ups. Independence could be gain also by someone staying at your side as long as you know for yourself that he/she is helping you to grow and not pampering you till you didn’t know how to stand alone.
Cheers to all single ladies and gentlemen. You guys are free to live on your own.