Just because it is handmade doesn’t mean it was cheap. Whoever said this obviously never purchased craft and art supplies…Have you checked out Purl Soho (for great fabric and yarns),
Casey Rubber Stamp (for different kinds of rubber stamp) at New York City and also Papemelroti (for gifts and decorative accessories) at Manila, Philippines? Those are just three of the craft stores that you can check-out for different varieties of supply and also offers quite affordable items at its best.
Now, as an artist and also a big fan of crafting, I cited 5 things that only we, Arts and Craft-addicted people can relate to.
- Once you passed-by in a craft retail store. You will definitely stop-by and check out all the items that you will need in your latest project. It doesn’t matter if you spend most of your money for it because you feel much relieved once you see the outcome.
- You prefer letters or scrapbook when ask what presents you would like. Sometimes a handmade bookmark is enough for you. You think if someone will give you a handmade present, you will gain more ideas for your design even if you think you know enough plus you appreciate the sweat and effort given to you.
- During a special holiday, you would rather choose to use your craft supplies than to spend your money in an effortless thing because as an artist and a crafter, you know effort is the best.
- You love the fragrance of papers being kept in a book for a long time. Those bookmarks, the leaf that you picked during the season of fall, a sheet of mulberry paper or anything that you hid in between the pages of books calms your mind and soothes your feeling.
- You sometimes stay home every weekend to knit or to scrapbook. It is your hobby and for some reason, you can sell it and make money for it. The fact that crafting is your hobby, there will be no activities will get through it unless you’re done with it.
“Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That’s because they were able to connect experiences they’ve had and synthesize new things.” said Steve Jobs, co-founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Apple Inc.
Let us keep on doing things we like for us to be able to keep on bringing out the artistic side of ours.