We all know that movies are a good past time. It’s very effective and sometimes a good source of knowledge. It educates its viewers and at the same time, satisfies imagination. Watching movies can also become a person’s character reference when looking for personality inspiration. My focus for today is some of the most furious, most skilled, and most charming assassin characters that rocked the modern movie industry. There’s just something that made these characters incredible on what they do. An assassin knows that he can’t always rely on bullets and that is the real extent of an assassin.
I got to warn you because some of the characters shown below were big spoilers and not yet showed in cinemas.
- Agent 47 is the main character from the game inspired movie of 2007 titled ‘Hitman’ performed by the Hollywood actor Timothy Olyphant. Agent 47 is a professional assassin trained and employed by a group only known as “the organization”. He’s best at what he does and often the bet of millions of gamers who played the game franchise around the world. Recently, a new movie will hit the big screen this year titled ‘Hitman: Agent 47’, It is not an installation from the first movie but definitely a movie worth watching.
- In 2014 movie starring Keanu Reeves, ‘John Wick’ is a legendary assassin retired from his violent career to marry a woman named Helen who just died. He’s feared by both crime authorities and syndicates including his former employer for his lethal skills and unhesitating execution moves. John Wick swings his gun like a sword and finishes his enemies with a bullet in the head.
- Deckard Shaw is Owen Shaw’s big badass brother in the movie ‘Fast and Furious 7’ showing this year 2015. Performed by a known Hollywood action star Jason Statham, Deckard is the movie’s main antagonist who seeks revenge to Dom’s team. He killed Han, a main character in FF movies, by hitting his car with a Mercedes which made his Mazda RX-7 flipped and exploded leading to his death. Deckard is a real driver-killing-killer-driver.
- One of the best action movies in 2010 starring Angelina Jolie, Evelyn Salt (often just “Salt”) is double-agent working for CIA but was actually trained since birth by a Russian group focused on destroying United States. Her skills in both combat and tactics made her a dangerous killer. She even managed to make an explosive from office cleaning equipments. It’s pretty smart for a demure chick.
- Cataleya is one daring role if you ask me. But the character is just right for Zoe Saldana. This movie was released in 2011 of August in the U.S. and made its way to U.K. the next month. ‘Colombiana’ is about a girl, polluted and raised with violence and trained for revenge. She infiltrated a prison by disguising a drunk woman, slipped behind of the jail guards, and killed her target unnoticed. She also moves around wearing only body stockings and using hair pins to unlock cell gates.
- Chev Chelios was a British professional hitman from the 2006 film ‘Crank’ starring Jason Statham. It’s really easy to know if the movie is filled with death-defying stunts if the lead actor is Jason Statham, right? In the story, he was drugged and, therefore, must keep his adrenaline running or it will stop his heart from pumping blood throughout his entire body. In this movie, the viewer will witness how anything can be used to kill by the hands of an assassin.
- Watching this movie will make you wish you could also curve a bullet. Fox is the lead actress in the 2008 film ‘Wanted’. Angelina Jolie here is a skilled assassin named Fox who taught the lead character Wesley Gibson on how to fight effectively and use a shooting skill called “Curving bullet”. Together, they will finish each assignment given to them and unravel the truth about his primary target. Imagine if you can curve a bullet or at least a throwing item in the process while it’s moving towards a target is absolutely incredible. I mean, you can throw a crumpled paper at someone and you will not get caught! But don’t do that.
- Beatrix “Black Mamba” Kiddo a.k.a “the Bride” was Bill’s favorite of all his assassins in the movie ‘kill Bill’ in 2003. Beatrix Kiddo, who’s performed by the famous actress Uma Thurman, is on the verge of death and survived after a bloody massacre on her wedding day. She swore to avenge her family, friends, and her baby she taught died that day. Throughout the movie and its second installation, she will use her katana named Hatori Hanzo and defeat her enemies including her priority target, Bill.
- and 10. ‘Mr. and Mrs. Smith’. We all know that the movie is going to be funny when Brad Pitt is in it, do you agree? ‘Mr. and Mrs. Smith’ are the roles given to the married Hollywood couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in the year 2005. It’s about the story of 2 secret agents working in 2 different groups and later will test relationship endurance and loyalty to each other. Mr. Smith’s funny killing techniques and Mrs. Smith’s sexy fatality is a perfect combination for a couple whose job is to take down other people. You will no longer worry about your partner if he or she’s alone in your house.
And that sums up my reactions from these characters. Feel free to respond in comments below and tell me what you think about my list. I’m not encouraging you to be hitman someday, but these characters taught us how to be alert while maintaining demeanor. Keeping calmness is a key to survival.