As Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump battled it out in the final U.S. presidential debate, China was busy rolling out the red carpet for an unlikely guest: Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, who was on a four-day tour of the world’s second-largest economy. The Asian state visit may have been overshadowed by American campaign rhetoric but…
Before, we think about the existence of a phone that would probably dethrone Iphone being the most popular and marketable among all the known smartphones today but now, after establishing such a very outstanding SEO ,Google has stepped-up making its way to developed a smartphone that is meant to compete with the top brass of the smartphone world, also that would click to the public most especially to the Google users.
Google named their first smartphone to come with Google Assistant as Pixel phone. Probably, there are several reasons why the company wanted to name it something than to call it simply as Google phone. It would probably because if ever the phone is a flop, it would definitely tough to give it a second try with another conceptualized phone if the company name, Google has already played that title card. Or maybe according to an article on Cnet.com, because Google doesn’t want to scare its hardware partners, which we know is still deeply important when it comes to Android, by jumping into the deep end with a full-on,branded phone which I also think make sense.
Pixel Phones gives genuine features which garnered commendations from different reviewers. DXOMark is one, an image quality reviewer who gave an impressive review on the said phone’s image quality saying, Google smartphone, is the highest-rated smartphone camera they have tested, gaining 89 as its rate.
The following are the so-far undisputed specs and features:
- Available in two sizes: Pixel (5-inches) Pixel XL (5.5-inches)
- -Both Pixel and Pixel XL have same specs: including Snapdragon 821 processors and 12.3 Megapixel cameras with large 1.55-micron pixels and an f/2.0 aperture (No shutter lag and improved to take great photos with special HDR+ mode) (self-proclaimed as the shortest capture time on any mobile camera ever)
- Both devices have 4GB of RAM, USB-C, a choice of 32GB or 128GB of storage, Bluetooth 4.2, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- In relation to the images, Google photos are stoned into the phone so all the photos are stored directly in the cloud, no need to remove images to prevent memory space shortage.
- 1080p display on the Pixel and 5.5-inch Quad HD panel on the XL — these two devices are built by HTC, but Google takes full credit for their design and makes this explicit with its “phone by Google” branding.
- It runs a specialized version of Google’s android software, which includes the support for the Daydream virtual reality platform. It is actually the First Daydream-compatible phone.
- Fast charging that gets you up to 7 hours power in 15 minutes of charging (I need this~) with built in 24-hour live phone support right into Pixel’s software, so it could see exactly what’s in front of you to help you better
- The new Google Duo is also included.
- In line with the hardware front, Pixel phones are made out of aluminum with a big glass window at the back, surrounding the camera, flash, and the fingerprint sensor (presently dubbed as Pixel imprint)
- Batteries: 3,450mAh for the Pixel XL and for the Pixel 2,770mAh
So far, Pixel phones will be available at $650 for a 32GB 5-inch device. Amount will scale up to $749 with 128GB of onboard storage. For the larger Pixel XL with 32GB, the amount will be $769 and will also scale up to $869 for the XL with 128GB. Google offers limited colors such as black or silver, and the exclusive “extra blue” option but this one is limited only to just 32GB of storage (Pre-orders are open today, phones will ship later this month)
Hands up! To those folks who are eager to have this new Pixel made by Google.
We have been wrapped up in the society where the easiest way of messaging is the norm:
WhatsApp, Viber, Hangouts and Messenger just to name a few. Messenger being the most popular and most downloaded messaging app these days, is slowly making its evolution through various of updates that users may find beneficial.
You can now say “bye” to your default SMS messaging because it is now integrated to your Facebook Messenger. According to Facebook’s website, instead of using a separate messaging app for SMS conversations you now have the option of including these texts in the Messenger app. SMS messages will appear in purple while Facebook messages will appear in the traditional blue. This feature isn’t available as default in order for you to apply and activate this you must go to SETTINGS menu in the Facebook Messenger app, tap SMS and then enable Default SMS app.
Facebook Messenger now allows you to sign in different accounts using your own Messenger app through its feature “Switch Account” which means you can allow your friend to sign in his/her account to your phone to check for messages
and people who use the social networking platform for work purposes may find this a great help for they will be able to switch between their professional and personal accounts with much greater ease. (if they have two different accounts)
And now, Facebook Messenger has started rolling out its new feature, the “Secret Conversations”. This sound very controversial by just reading its name.
So what’s with this Secret Conversations?
Based on a certain blog spot, Facebook said that users want an additional safeguards when it comes to their conversations perhaps relating to discussions about private information like an illness, health issues or sending financial information. To enable you to do this, Facebook Messenger has begun the test for the ability of the app to create a one-to-one secret conversation that will be end-to-end encrypted and which can only be read on one device of the person you’re communicating with. So meaning to say, the messages are intended just for you and the person you’re talking to, not anyone else including the Facebook team. In secret conversations, Messenger will allow users to set an expiration date for a message so that it won’t be visible in the conversation forever e.g your account information. Let say you choose your message to appear only for 30 minutes after the set time, the message will vanish from the devices of all users in the chat. So far, there are only few things to note regarding this Secret Conversation:
a. It is optional. Users wanted Messenger to work when you switch between devices, such as a tablet, desktop computer or phone
b. Secret Conversation do not support rich content such as GIFs and videos, making payments, or other popular Messenger features.
Secret Conversation is indeed an unusual yet incredible update for every messaging app. However, there were some users who were still clueless about the advantages of this new
feature. Some find it a snag in regards to one’s relationship but whatever it is, I believe that these will all be given a solution since Secret conversation are still on a test and gathering more feedback from the users.
“Emo“, a term that usually describes a person wearing all black outfits paired with whether thick or thin eyeliner, sometimes accompanied by a sharp and thin blades and a shady bed hairdo perfect with a bit long slant bangs to complete the look. This is the trending get-up way back 2000’s where our favorite dark and edgy bands, international or local invaded our sane minds.
From international dark and edgy bands, we have My Chemical Romance who clearly left breathtakingly remarkable songs in our lone days and at the same time, left us in vain when they got disbanded. If “My Chemical Romance” gave a momentous memory in your dark days I’m pretty sure you admired or at least heard about “Chicosci”, the Philippine rap-metal band known to their trademark dark theme, offbeat musicality and are headed by the not-only intense but also charismatic vocalist of the band, Miguel “Miggy” Chavez. Who wouldn’t know this band?
Now, reverting back to 2000’s, I have here 10 remarkable songs of Chicosci which totally marked in not only to my “emo-era” but to my co-Chicosci fans as well.
From the album Method of Breathing: Glass is Broken
- “Bring me to the light…Get me through the night”
Through that strong melodic figure that made it the song’s focal point, Chicosci created a combined melody and harshness. It may sound weird but right, that’s what it is.
Chicosci’s self-titled album “Chicosci“: A Promise
- “Cause you are my beloved ghost…”Honestly, this album of Chicosci is different from their previous albums. If you are expecting heavy sound then do not expect that to this one because Chicosci album is just like those common emo bands that used a line of melodic guitar riff combined with the emotional vocals of Miggy. But overall, the song “A Promise” is very serene to ears though Miggy’s soft and mellow vocal style dominated the song. I still enjoyed it.
Also from the album “Chicosci”: 7 Black Roses
- I certainly love the lyrics of this song. I’m thinking if this song made them the title “emo” because the overall melody of the song is somewhat the emo-type of music. I’m not saying it isn’t nice it is actually. I love how Miggy’s vocal style jived to the song. It isn’t questionable why the album became a hit.
(Love this live performance! Enjoy!)
- For 52 weeks, this song holds the record for most number of weeks a song has stayed in the countdown. The said countdown was the NU107 Midnight Countdown where Chicosci got the award title “Song of the Year” award back in 2002. Paris has been described as highly infectious. Check out this video and be infected again.
Chicosci: Last look
- “Can I be a little selfish? And I swear I’ll come back home to you” Sure, this lyrics hit “the feels” out of you. From its obviously emo-themed music video, it really marked on the “Emo-era “. Miggy’s voice was more emphasized those minimal screams and soft tone of voice. The song really ends up a hit.
(For better audio quality)
From the album, Fly Black Hearts: Diamond Shotgun
- Following the album Best in 2007, Chicosci released this album with their hit single Diamond Shotgun (Lock and Load). I actually find the beat of this song like as if I’m on a battle (which was depicted on its music video) I felt like I’m about to kill the antagonist of my life or what while the line “Fly black hearts into the sky we’re never meant to fall~” plays in the background. Silly but the song is indeed timeless. I’m still rocking to this song,
From the album Revenge of the Giant Robot: Sink or Swim
- That feeling when you want someone back, and then suddenly you remember how much that person pains you, you instantly take it back. Sink or Swim nailed it.
Chicosci: Chicosci Vampire Social Club
- When we’re all fed up with all the bullsh*t of life, haters, criminals, failures, heartaches and the likes, let’s toast and leave the rest to the people who cares singing “I’ll raise my glass to you!”
(Reminiscing memories on this song? Here’s the official MV !)
Also from the album Fly Black Hearts: Breathe Again
- The lyrics used a lot of symbolism that may represent (based on my own interpretation) a guy wanting to be loved, asking for a second chance that may not be given. Thus, the song gave a remarkable impact to their fans or to heartbroken people as well.
From Chicosci’s album “Icarus”: Theme from Conversations with Fire
- Seriously, Miggy’s voice is totally high-pitched in this song and I love the lyrics. I could feel how Miggy illustrates someone’s thirst for love that turned in despair. Overall, this song gives a feeling of foreboding but at the same time meditating.
Truly, that “emo-era” has played a huge part in our teenage days. As a matter of fact, it also taught us the essence of solitary by learning to enjoy your own company. Chicosci contributed one of the amazing songs to remember from 2000s and became a part of our…should I called it adolescence? is a memorable event in our life. Same thing, when the first time you feel hurt, memorable right? But it was indeed worth the time to remember.
Are you also a fan? What Chicosci song marked your “Emo-era”?